The Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS Library is a specialized scientific library with a rich collection of books in chemistry, physics, and related sciences. The majority of the collection is in languages other than Polish, mainly in English. We are a community library, open to all those who share an interest in the subject matter of our collection.
The Library collection includes
- Approx. 31,000 volumes (books);
- Approx. 37,000 copies of continuing resources publications (journals);
- Approx. 900 journal titles (20 current subscriptions);
- Approx. 600 doctoral and habilitation dissertations;
- Approx. 32,000 specialized collection items (microfilms, microfiches, CDs);
- On-line access to 33 databases (including approx. 6,800 e-journals and 51,000 e-books).
For persons external to the Institute, there is access to all library materials in the reading room, as well as through inter-library loans.
Inter-library loan service
The service is available during Library opening hours. The service can order various types of publications not available in our collection for Institute employees. Telephone: (22) 343 31 39, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (Arleta Nierychlewska).
Information concerning the open-access publication of research papers can be found on the Library’s new website.
The reading-room is open to employees of the Institute of Physical Chemistry and Chemipan between 11 AM and 1 PM. Other users are dealt with remotely. Before entering the library, please remember to disinfect your hands and put on a face mask. Only two people at a time are allowed into the library premises. You are most welcome!
Old Library website: http://malina.ichf.edu.pl/biblioteka/index.html