The Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS Library is a specialised scientific library with a rich collection of books in the fields of chemistry, physics and related sciences. The majority of the collection is in languages other than Polish, mainly in English. We are a community library, open to all those who share an interest in the subject matter of our collection.
The Library collection includes
- Approx. 31,000 volumes (books);
- Approx. 37,000 copies of continuing resources publications (journals);
- Approx. 900 journal titles (20 current subscriptions);
- Approx. 590 doctoral and habilitation dissertations;
- Approx. 26,000 specialised collection items (microfilms, microfiches, CDs);
- Approx. 860 digitalised scientific publications;
- On-line access to 18 computer databases.
For persons external to the Institute there is access to all library materials in the reading room, as well as through inter-library loans.
Inter-library loan service
The service is available during Library opening hours. The service can order various types of publications not available in our collesction for Institute employees. Telephone: (22) 343 31 39, e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Arleta Nierychlewska).
Information concerning open-access publication of research papers can be found on the Library’s website.
The Library is open to employees of the Institute of Physical Chemistry and Chemipan between 11 AM and 1 PM. Other users are dealt with remotely. Before entering the library, please remember to disinfect your hands and put on a face mask. Only two people at a time are allowed into the library. You are most welcome!