Declaration of accessibility of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS in Warsaw
The Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences undertakes to ensure the accessibility of its website in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 4th April, 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities. The declaration of accessibility applies to the website of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw.
Website publication date: 10/12/2020
Date of last major update: 18/12/2020
Status in terms of compliance with the Act
The website complies with the Act on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities.
Preparation of the Declaration of Accessibility
The declaration was prepared on: 18/12/2020. The Declaration was last reviewed and updated on: 18/12/2020. The Declaration was drawn up on the basis of a self-assessment.
Feedback and contact details
Everyone has the right to:
● Submit comments regarding the accessibility of a digital website or one of its elements;
● Submit a request to ensure the accessibility of a digital website or one of its elements;
● Request the accessibility of inaccessible information in another alternative form.
The request must include:
● The contact details of the person making the request;
● An indication of the website or element of the website to which the request relates;
● An indication of a convenient form of providing the information if the request is for inaccessible information to be made available in an alternative manner.
The request should be considered promptly, no later than within 7 days. If it is not possible to provide access or to provide access in an alternative form within this period, it should be provided within a maximum of 2 months from the date of the request.
Complaints and appeals
Complaints regarding any failure to meet these deadlines or a refusal to comply with the request may be made to the supervisory authority by post or electronically to the following address:
● Supervisory body: Director of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
● Address: Institute of Physical Chemistry of the
Polish Academy of Sciences
Ul. Kasprzaka 44/52
● e-mail: email@example.com
● Telephone: 22 343-31-08
A complaint can also be made to the Ombudsman.
INFORMATION ON THE ARCHITECTURAL ACCESSIBILITY OF BUILDINGS OF THE INSTITUTE OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY of the ACADEMY OF SCIENCES IN WARSAW (ul. Kasprzaka 44/52, 01-224 Warsaw) WITH AN INDICATION OF POSSIBLE DIFFICULTIES IN ACCESS AND USE FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
● The scientific entity under the name of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw is located in Warsaw at ul. Kasprzaka 44/52 in one complex of closely inter-connected buildings (permanently linked). The only exception is the separate building housing the Administration Department, the Library and the Lecture Hall, as well as ZD Chemipan, but these are buildings located in very close proximity to the above-mentioned complex.
● The main entrance to the Institute is located in the Administration Building from ul. Kasprzaka on the ground floor and there are no stairs.
● The complex of laboratory buildings is located on different levels (ground floor and first floor) connected by lifts and stairs in individual buildings, the complex is also connected with the workshop part of the Institute as above.
● Entrances to the complex are on the ground floor, with no stairs or via a lift that is directly accessible from the internal car park.
● The Administration Department and Library are accessible from the main entrance to the Institute and stairs take you to the Lecture Hall which is upstairs. To get to the laboratory complex on foot, you need to walk 150 m on foot over level ground.
● Individual laboratories on various floors are located on a single level.
● From the main entrance of the IPC PAS located at the Porter’s Office, you can get to the toilet, partially adapted for disabled people, which is on the same level (ground floor) as the main entrance to the IPC PAS.
● It is possible to enter the Institute by car through the gate from ul. Płocka after prior contact with the staff member at the Porter’s Office entrance. There are two separate and marked parking spaces for disabled visitors in the Visitors’ Car Park. Another parking space is located at the back of the Administration Building in the internal car park. The entrance from the car park has no steps or any other obstacles.
● To get to the IPC PAS premises by bus, there is a ZTM bus stop about 200 m from the main entrance. The timetable for the various bus numbers shows routes operated by low-floor vehicles.
● Persons assigned to assist with the entrance of disabled people to the building are the Porter’s Office staff at the main entrance.
Serving those with impaired hearing
It is possible to serve hard-of-hearing / deaf persons in sign language after prior notification and making a visitor’s appointment.
● It is possible to enter the premises of the Institute with an assistance dog.
Possible difficulties in access and use for people with disabilities
● The distance between the main entrance to the Institute and the entrances to the laboratory and workshop complex may constitute a possible inconvenience for about 150-200 m.
● There is difficult access to the Lecture Hall in the administration building for people with reduced mobility. The auditorium is accessible by an internal staircase.