Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS
National Science Centre
Project title, type and project number
New receptors for C-reactive protein recognition - generation, characterization and application towards fast differentiation between virus and bacteria, SONATA NO 2017/26/D/ST5/00980, 73/2021
dr Katarzyna Szot-Karpińska
The scientific aim of this project is to use the phage display technique to isolate bacteriophage/peptide that specifically recognize C-reactive protein (CRP) – a marker of inflammatory processes in the human body - and use them as artificial antibodies for the differentiation between viral and bacterial infections
Number of vacancies
Key responsibilities include
Position in the project
Position starts on
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
We offer 1500 PLN per month stipend financed from the NSC SONATA 13 Project No. 2017/26/D/ST5/00980. The position is for a period of 3 months.
We offer work in an interdisciplinary team the Surface Nanoengineering for chemo- and bio-sensors Group from IPC PAS.
Career development prospects at IPC PAS
The successful candidate will benefit in the form of new knowledge and methods added to his/her toolbox. The project deals with physical chemistry, physics, biotechnology, and molecular biology so any candidate profile will find some new knowledge to be gained upon the realisation of the project.
More detailssee website
chemistry, biology, physics, biotechnology, or relevant
Scientific profile of a candidate
First Stage Researcher (R1)
• At the starting date of the work within the project, applicants should be a student of intramural or extramural second degree studies, conducted in universities on Polish territory or should be a student of at least the fourth year of intramural or extramural uniform master’s studies carried out at universities on the Republic of Poland
• Involvement in research, especially in project with strong interdisciplinary character
• Ability for independent work as well as in a group.
• Experience in laboratory work with background in physical chemistry,
• Good knowledge of English
• Self-motivation for scientific work
Key assessment criteria
When assessing an application, the committee takes into account:
• competences of candidates for specific tasks in a research project,
• previous scientific achievements of candidates including publications in scientific journals,
• awards resulting from conducting scientific research, scholarships, awards and scientific experience gained outside the parent research unit in the country or abroad, workshops and scientific training, participation in research projects
• scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
• motivation letter
How to Apply: Send application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org; IMPORTANT: email title “Recruitment 73/2021”; (emails without this number will be not considered!)
• The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the Employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS https://ichf.edu.pl/files/csr/ipc-procedures.pdf and with the NCN regulations: „Regulamin przyznawania stypendiów naukowych w projektach badawczych finansowanych ze środków narodowego centrum nauki" https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/pliki/uchwaly-rady/2016/uchwala96_2016-zal1.pdf
• The best candidates who meet the Competition requirements will be invited for an online interview. The interview will take place between 11-12.01.2022
• The incomplete applications will be not considered.
• The scholarship will be awarded to the person who obtains the highest number of points.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• If the top candidate does not sign the contract due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
Contact Person Email: dr Katarzyna Szot-Karpińska, email@example.com Phone + 48 22 343 31 30
Deadline for the settlement of the competition
Archival announcement. We would like to thank all candidates for their submitted applications.