Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS (Microfluidics and Complex Fluids Group)
Foundation for Polish Science
Project title, type and project number
RApID -Label-free and rapid optical imaging, detection and sorting of leukemia cells, TEAM-NET project No. POIR.04.04.00-00-16ED/18, 50/2022
prof. Czeslaw Radzewicz (Microfluidics Team Leader: dr. Ladislav Derzsi)
The primary objective of the project is to develop the first Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS) microscopic-microfluidic system for non-invasive imaging of live cells and apply it to rapid leukemia cell imaging, diagnostics, sorting and assessment of chemosensitivity in vitro. Multidisciplinary teams of experts establishing the consortium will characterize Raman spectra of leukemic cells and link them to biological features of the disease. These data will be thereafter used to design and construct, microfluidic-based diagnostic device utilizing SRS microscopy which will allow for quick and reliable differentiation between different types of leukemia cells providing clinicians with quantitative information crucial to make proper decisions during the course of the treatment. The envisaged microfluidic-SRS instrument will fill the gap in the current diagnostic methodology of leukemia, accelerate diagnostics and decrease its cost. Moreover, the developed methodology will open new areas of application in leukemia research.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced technician with background in microfabrication of thermoplastics (polycarbonate, PMMA) using CNC micro milling and/or microfabrication using photolithography and soft lithography techniques. Knowledge in designing and fabrication of microfluidics devices is a valuable asset. The successful candidate will join an international and multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for designing and fabrication of microfluidic devices and custom parts necessary for integration of microfluidic devices with the SRS microscope.
Number of vacancies
Key responsibilities include
Position in the project
Experienced Technical Staff
Employment contract on 50 % time basis
full remuneration cost (brutto-brutto) of 5000 PLN per month
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
More detailssee website
microengineering, machine design, microfluidics, CNC specialist, physics, microelectronics or similar
Key assessment criteria
Evaluation of the applications will be in 2 stages:
The required application documents must be sent by email to: email@example.com with email title “ICHF 50/2022”. Emails without this number will be not considered!
• A recruitment commission for evaluation of the candidates will be established (consisting of 3 researchers and specialists in the field).
• The commission evaluates applications on a point scale. The position will be awarded to the person who obtains the highest number of points.
• The evaluation will be in twosteps: first the submitted documents will be evaluated. Next, the top candidates will be invited of an interview.
• The commission will take into account the following criteria: competences of candidates for specific tasks in a research project, previous scientific achievements of candidates, awards and distinctions of the candidate resulting from the conducted research.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• The competition can be cancelled without a notice.
• Candidates have the right to appeal against negative recruitment results within 7 days of receiving feedback from the recruitment committee.
How to Apply: Send application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org;
IMPORTANT! email subject: “Recruitment no. 50/2022”
Candidates have the right to appeal against negative recruitment results within 7 days of receiving feedback from the recruitment committee
Deadline for the settlement of the competition
Archival announcement. We would like to thank all candidates for their submitted applications.