Offer no. 6/19
The method of detecting thermotolerant bacteria of the genus Campylobacter spp. in food
The subject of the invention is a method of detecting thermotolerant bacteria of the genus Campylobacter in food. More specifically, the invention discloses a method for detecting C. jejuni, C. coli, C. upsaliensis and C. lari in food, especially in poultry meat, and a method of distinguishing the above-mentioned bacterial species from other bacteria found in this type of food by coupling breeding methods with surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) and principal component analysis (PCA).
Evelin Witkowska, Krzysztof Niciński, Dorota Korsak, Bartłomiej Dominiak, Agnieszka Michota-Kamińska
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
Development of a new method for identification of thermotolerant bacteria from the genus Campylobacter spp. in food, which:
- is much less time-consuming than classical methods;
- can be carried out by people with less experience and professional qualifications;
- is a development of the current ISO standard in the field of food testing for the presence of the above-mentioned bacteria;
- gives a high percentage of certainty of bacteria identification at the species level
Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS), SERS platform, detection of microorganisms
Laboratory identification of thermotolerant bacteria of the genus Campylobacter spp. in food samples.
- State of the progress:
stage of prototype
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland