Offer no. 1/18
Platform for the detection and/or identification of microorganisms, especially bacteria, using the surface-enhanced Raman (SERS) technique, the method of its preparation, its application and measurement using such a platform.
The subject of the invention is a platform for detecting and / or identifying microorganisms, in particular bacteria, using the surface enhanced Raman technique (SERS) comprising a fabric filtering medium (filter cloth) with a dense weave covered with a metallic layer, characterized in that the filter fabric it is non-cored, in which the braid consists of warp wires interlaced with warp wires forming a dense weave and in which warp wires have a diameter different from the diameter of the weft wires and is made of a material with a thermal conductivity not lower than 10 W·m-1·K-1. Non-woven fabric, i.e. mesh, should not be visible in the XY plane of the fabric, so that the biological material, e.g. bacteria, is retained on the surface of the wires.
Tomasz Szymborski, Evelin Witkowska, Krzysztof Niciński, Agnieszka Michota-Kamińska
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Detection and / or identification of microorganisms, especially bacteria, using the surface-enhanced Raman (SERS) technique on platforms with high thermal conductivity.
- In the invention laser radiation with a power greater than 10 mW is used during measurements without degradation of the biological material.
- The platform provides the ability to detect temperature-sensitive and laser radiation-sensitive biological systems, in particular bacteria.
SERS; bacteria; bacterial detection; plasma;
- Detection and identification of bacteria in clinical samples, e.g. plasma, blood, urine or cerebrospinal fluid.
- Detection and identification of bacteria in environmental samples, e.g. water.
- State of the progress:
stage of prototype
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poalnd
- Publication URL: