Offer no. 8/15
Method of recovery of gold, in particular from laboratory waste and the application of this method
The invention discloses a new method of recovery of gold from waste, in which this metal is present in the form of nanoparticles functionalized with organic or inorganic ligands. In the method the nanoparticles present in aqueous or organic solutions or bonded chemically or physiochemically to porous substrates or on the surface of solid materials are digested and transformed into the tetrachloroaurate oraz tetrabromoaurate alkali metal or ammonium salts. The obtained salts are also reused in the synthesis of stable gold nanoparticles.
Tomasz Andryszewski, Michalina Iwan, Marcin Fiałkowski, Robert Hołyst
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- the cost of the materials necessary for the recovery of 1 g of gold with a market value of 142 PLN is merely 4,20 PLN,
- the obtained products in the form of inorganic gold salts can be easily separated from organic and inorganic impurities and possess a high purity level,
- the reaction is carried out in room temperature and has a high value of the kinetic constant,
- the obtained gold salts can be used to resynthesize gold nanoparticles.
recycling of gold, metallic nanoparticles, metallic nanowaste, nanoparticles synthesis
The method can be successfully used in research laboratories and companies, which produce liquid (organic or inorganic) or solid waste that contain gold in the form of nanoparticles or colloids of any coverage, shape and size. The disclosed method does not require any specialized equipment.
- State of the progress:
stage of readiness to introduction
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent in Poland