Offer no. 7/16
Recognizing polymer film molecularly imprinted with gluten epitope and its method of synthesis with the use of thiophene-based derivatives and application of this film
The subject of this patent application is a thin film of polymer molecularly imprinted with gluten epitope (fragment) with amino acid sequence PQQPFPQQ. The application describes synthesis of this film, then removal of the gluten epitope template, and film application as a recognition unit in a chemosensor allowing for determination of the epitope itself as well as gluten. Extended-gate field-effect transistor (EG-FET) is used as the transducer of the detection signal in this chemosensor.
Zofia Iskierko, Marta Sosnowska, Piyush S. Sharma, Krzysztof Noworyta, Francis D'Souza, Bandi Venugopal, Tiziana Benincori, Giulio Appoloni, Włodzimierz Kutner
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Fast and simple preparation of a recognizing polymer film,
- Possibility of easy integration of the film with variety of signal transducers,
- Resistance to such harsh physicochemical conditions as, e.g., high temperature, or the presence of organic solvents,
- High sensitivity and selectivity of epitope determination,
- Quick response of the EG-FET chemosensor with the devised recognition layer.
allergen, celiac disease, chemical sensor, gluten, epitope, molecularly imprinted polymer (MIP), field-effect transistor, field-effect transistor with extended-gate (EG-FET)
Application in chemical sensors for gluten determination in food products.
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Paten application in Poland
- Publication URL: