Offer no. 7/15
Method of determination of suspended gold nanoparticles and a flow device dedicated to these analyses
The invention relates to a method for determination of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) in suspension with the use of a flow injection analysis system (FIA) with an electrochemical cell. This method bases on synchronous processes of AuNPs electrodissolution and electrocatalysis. The invention also relates to a flow system for performing these analyses.
Dominika Ogończyk, Mateusz Gocyła, Marcin Opałło
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Although the electrochemical studies of AuNPs were extensive and ubiquitous, the examination of AuNPs suspensions was poorly studied. The electrochemical analysis of gold nanoparticles suspensions can be addressed the following aspects: i) their electrodissolution and ii) their electrocatalytic processes,
- We present a novel approach to electrochemical analysis of suspended gold nanoparticles which bases on synchronous processes of their electrodissolution and electrocatalysis,
- This methodology allows both obtainment of continuous high electrochemical signals and elimination a memory-effect caused by irreversible AuNPs adsorption,
- Moreover, the use of fluidic technique with electrochemical detection offers both increase of frequency of nanoparticles collisions with electrode surface and unique features and advantages: easy design of the system, mechanization of processes, the short analysis time and well-defined and reproducible experimental parameters. The modular structure of FIA system enables simple carrying out various operations with injected sample and its conversion into detectable species,
- This simple FIA system enables continuous, fast and reproducible AuNPs determination in wide range of their concentration (10-13 – 10-7 mol nanoobjects L-1).
Gold nanoparticles, suspension, electrochemical detection, flow injection analysis
The current methodology could find applications in public health and environment monitoring.
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland