Offer no. 6/17
A method of manufacturing scanning tunneling microscope (STM) probes isolated in glass, the probe thus produced and its application for STM imaging in organic and aqueous electrolytes
The subject of the invention is a method of manufacturing scanning tunneling microscope (STM) probes insulated in glass and a probe made in this way, which is suitable for STM imaging in organic, aqueous and ionic liquids.
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- The invention allows imaging using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) in organic solvents.
- Its production does not require the use of specialist devices.
- Its production uses materials that are generally available and low cost.
Scanning tunneling microscopy, scanning probe, organic electrolytes
Measurements by means of scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) in electrochemical conditions, particularly in electrolytes that are ionic liquids or consisting of an organic solvent or water, containing dissolved salts whose concentration is limited only by their solubility.
- State of the progress:
stage of readiness to introduction
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland