Offer no. 6/15
The method of preparation of the polymer with the promotor TATAAA sequence in the artificial TATA box and its application for recognition and/or selective determination of a six-mer DNA oligonucleotide
The invention involves a method of preparation of a polymer with an artificial TATA box of a hexameric-sequence TATAAA (T-thymine, A-adenine) oligodeoxyribonucleotide. In the natural TATA box, the TATA binding protein (TBP) binds to the eukaryotic TATAAA-promoter sequence. Next, the RNA polymerase recognizes this complex, thus initiating the transcription. Moreover, the invention embraces application of a molecularly imprinted polymer (MIP) film for recognition and/or selective determination of a six-mer DNA oligonucleotide. In particular, the invention uses this MIP as a matrix of an artificial TATA box for recognizing amino acids which interact with the natural TATA box. Potential application of the invention aims at genetic engineering, and in particular, at genetic testing for early detection of genetic diseases as well as at a fundamental research of a DNA transcription model.
Agnieszka Pietrzyk-Le, Katarzyna Bartołd, Włodzimierz Kutner
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- In our invention, we propose an innovative synthetic genetics idea of using a molecular imprinting recognition strategy to prepare an artificial TATA box,
- Our invention extends the synthetic molecularly imprinted polymer (MIP) genetics idea to the growing field of DNA nanotechnology,
- The polymer molecularly imprinted with TATAAA (MIP-TATAAA) is easy to deposit in the form of stable and nuclease resistant thin polymer films on conducting substrates with variety of shapes,
- The film serves as a matrix of an artificial TATA box recognizing amino acids, which interact with the natural TATA box,
- The MIP-TATAAA film is capable of recognizing a single nucleotide mismatch in the TATAAA oligonucleotide,
- We have synthesized this artificial TATA box in order to illustrate possible pathways of linking bioanalytical chemistry with genetics,
- Our results usher us in a new era in synthetic genetics to find a widespread use in biotechnology and molecular medicine including answers to basic issues of the transcription origin.
An artificial TATAAA-promoter sequence, an artificial TATA box, TATA binding protein, amino acids, molecularly imprinted polymer, genetic diseases, transcription, a DNA transcription model, DNA, and PNA.
Potential application of the invention aims at genetic engineering, and in particular, at genetic testing for early detection of genetic diseases as well as at a fundamental research of a DNA transcription model.
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent in Poland