Offer no. 5/14
Composite material, method for production and use thereof
The invention relates to a composite material, process for its preparation and its use. In particular, the method is carried out in a two-step procedure. - In a first step the surface of the object, which is the template for the final product is modified. The selected area should be hydrophilic and should include groups such as OH or COOH. Controlled polymerization of oxoborates in the presence of metallic nanoparticles, and said physical object whose surface is to be modified, results in the formation of a nanocomposite material comprising metallic nanoparticles and polyoxoborates. The first step of surface modification is described in patent PCT/EP2013/075709, P-406393 and P-404257. - In the second step the product of the first step undergoes calcination (in high temperature or as a result of rapid burn) to remove the template. The material according to the invention is electrically conductive and is active in electrochemical applications. It can be used for the construction of the thermistor with a high electrical resistance.
Jan Paczesny, Katarzyna Wybrańska, Joanna Niedziółka-Jönsson, Monika Wadowska, Robert Hołyst, Marcin Fiałkowski
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- The invention offers a composite material, which is electrically conductive and heat-sensitive.
- The invention includes a method for preparing composite materials, characterized in that it comprises the following steps: a). nanocomposite deposition of metal nanoparticles, especially gold, silver, copper, nickel, cobalt or mixtures thereof, and oxoborates at the hydrophilic surface as a template to form a modified surface, and then b) removing the template of by calcination or deflagration to give a composite material.
- The invention includes the use of this composite material in electrochemistry and electronics, in particular for production of electrodes in electrical and electronic systems, such as thermistors.
nanocomposite, termosensitive material, conductive material
Electronic Nanoengineering, Semiconductors, Composites, Properties of materials, Resistance, Corrosion, Paper technology, Electric materials, Special Substances, Solar power (photovoltaic cells), Unconventional or alternative energy sources, Inorganic chemistry, Thermal methods
- State of the progress:
stage of prototype
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland