Offer no. 37/11
Method for splitting droplets in microfluidic junction and system for splitting droplets in microfluidic junction
The subject matter of the invention is a method for splitting droplets in a special microfluidic junction, comprising the stage of supplying droplets to the microfluidic junction and droplet breakup in the junction. The invention comprises also a system for droplet splitting in the microfluidic junction that allows for generation of droplet libraries – populations of droplets of equal volume and the same chemical composition.
Tomasz Kamiński, Piotr Garstecki
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Invention allows for efficient generation of libraries of nanoliter droplets with various and arbitrarily set chemical composition,
- The volume of each droplet is below 1 nanoliter,
- Libraries of droplets can be transported and incubated in controlled manner thank to use of fluidic system composed of 3 immiscible fluids.
Droplet microfludics, droplet libraries, high-throughput screening
- High-throughput single-cell assays (in microbiology, molecular biology and in pharmacology),
- Detection of single DNA or protein molecules e.g. using digital Polymerization Chain Reaction (dPCR).
- State of the progress:
stage of development
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent in Poland
- Publication URL: