Offer no. 22/10
Biocathode, method for producing the biocathode and zinc-oxygen cell
The subject matter of the invention is a biocathode comprising an electrode modified with metal oxide nanoparticles and adsorbed enzyme being capable of a direct electron transfer between the fuel (dioxygen) and the electron relay (electrode surface). The invention comprises also a method of fabricating such a biocathode and a zinc-oxygen cell comprising such a biocathode.
Ewa Roźniecka, Marcin Opałło, Martin Jönsson-Niedziółka, Joanna Niedziółka-Jönsson, Katarzyna Szot
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Easy and reproducible method of a conducting glass surface modification with ITO nanoparticles,
- Simple method of increasing an active electrode surface,
- The specialist equipment is not required for matrix preparation,
- Simple method for enzyme immobilization on the electrode surface,
- An increase of efficiency of the direct electron transfer between the enzyme and the electrode surface.
Biocathode, hybrid fuel cell, ITO electrode, ITO nanoparticles, enzyme, immobilization
Oxygen sensor, biocathode for a fuel biocell, biocathode for a hybrid fuel cell.
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent in United Kingdom
- Publication URL: