Offer no. 14/14
The method of elecrochemical deposition of metal nanoparticles on surface, the surface obtained by this method and the use thereof.
The invention offers a method for preparing a surface covered with metal nanoparticles, a platform obtained by this method and the use thereof in surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS). The innovation of this method is a combination of a simple electrochemical method with a new way of electrolyte preparation whose the key condition is control of a given solution's temperature. The obtained surface is characterized by homogeneous distribution of nanoparticles of size 50 - 400 nm. These platforms make it possible to detect chemical compounds adsorbed from very dilute solutions and at the same time have good repeatability of the signals in the SERS spectra.
Monika Księżopolska-Gocalska, Weronika Michałowicz, Marta Siek, Joanna Niedziółka-Jönsson, Marcin Opałło, Robert Hołyst
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- New, simple and fast method for preparing the electrolyte.
- Low cost of the substrates produced.
- High enhancment factor (EF) of substrates makes it possible to detect chemical compounds from very dilute solutions.
- Good repeatability of signals in SERS spectra from surface of single platform and throughout the series.
- Homogeneous distribution of metal nanoparticles on the surface.
SERS platform, Raman, nanoparticles, electrochemistry, temperature of solution, repeatability
Planning and prototyping, Cleaning and preparation of surface, Control of processes, Chemical engineering, Electric materials, Analytical chemistry, Mikro. and Nano.technologies, Measuring sensors, Measurements of pollution, Water pollution, Wastewater
- State of the progress:
stage of readiness to introduction
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland