Offer no. 13/12
Portable Vacuum Case with a Sight-Glass
Presented invention describes portable vacuum case with two sight-glasses. The case is capable of transporting and measuring samples in high vacuum. Such conditions are required, for example, for semiconductors during their processing or characterization. Described vacuum case with dedicated sight-glasses is devised for both easy transport of samples, as well as their spectral characterization in the high vacuum without need to remove and transfer sample to another vacuum system. The case allows for studies of surface and composition of the sample by appropriate optical methods, such as spectroscopy in UV, visible or infrared spectral ranges, or ellipsometry.
Janusz Sobczak, Aleksander Jabłoński, Włodzimierz Kutner, Krzysztof Noworyta, Andreas Glenz
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- Portable vacuum case can be mounted in the spectrophotometer.
- Portable vacuum case can work in high vacuum.
- Possibility of the case connection to vacuum chamber and moving samples in and out of the chamber.
- Two sight-glasses allow for measurements in UV, visual and infrared spectral range.
- Possibility of spectral measurements in both, transmission and reflection modes.
portable, vacuum, case, Sight-Glass
Analytical chemistry, Micro. and Nano.technologies, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Methods and analytical apparatus, Optical techniques
- State of the progress:
stage of prototype
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent in Poland