Offer no. 12/16
Macroporous film of poly(2,3’-bithiophene) in the form of an inverse opal semi-covalently surface imprinted with human serum albumin (HSA) and its application as a recognition unit of a chemosensor for selective determination of HSA
The present invention comprises a new macroporous film of poly(2,3'-bithiophene) in the form of an inverse opal imprinted with human serum albumin (HSA), the procedure of its fabrication, and its use for designing a chemosensor for HSA determination.
Marcin Dąbrowski, Maciej Cieplak, Piyush S. Sharma, Paweł Borowicz, Krzysztof Noworyta, Wojciech Lisowski, Francis D'Souza, Włodzimierz Kutner
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- High analytical and functional parameters of the chemosensor, i.e., a very high detectability of HSA and a very high selectivity with respect to interfering substances, and small proteins in particular,
- Simultaneous application of three strategies, namely, (i) a semi-covalent imprinting of protein, (ii) surface imprinting, and (iii) development of surface of a polymer by fabrication it in the form of an inverse opal,
- The well-optimized procedure of deposition of poly(2,3'-bithiophene) on the colloidal crystal allows obtaining a macroporous poly(2,3'-bithiophene) film in a form of inverse opal and precise control of the film thickness.
inverse opal, spherical silica nanoparticle, colloidal crystal, macroporosity, polythiophene, protein surface imprinting, semi-covalent imprinting, human serum albumin
The devised chemosensor for determination of HSA can be applied in clinical analysis for diagnosis of, e.g., artery disease, hypertension, multiple myeloma, renal and hepatic failure, etc., and in all cases, in which determination of HSA is important. Furthermore, the MIP film can be applied for separation and purification of HSA, and in all cases, where selective extraction of HSA to the solid phase is needed.
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland, possibility to extend protection abroad