Offer no. 1/16
Chelating carbene ligand precursor, isomeric complexes containing thereof and their use as olefin metathesis catalyst
The present invention relates to olefin metathesis catalyst, which is activated upon heating or light irradiation. The catalyst is particularly effective for the ring-opening metathesis polymerization (ROMP).
- Advantages / Innovative aspects:
- The catalyst is very stable both in solution and in the solid,
- The catalyst is virtually inactive at room temperature (conversion of monomer to polymer is less than 0.2% after two weeks),
- A high activation temperature of the catalyst (ca. 100°C),
- A possible activation under UV irradiation.
Latent ruthenium catalyst, olefin metathesis
- State of the progress:
stage of research
- Intellectual property rights:
Patent application in Poland, possibility to extend protection abroad