TEAM 26: SEMICONDUCTING MATERIALS AND OPTOELECTRONIC DEVICES INSITUTE OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY PAS
NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTRE
Project title, type and project number
National Science Center Opus 20 Project No. 2020/39/B/ST5/01497 entitled “Probing the structure–property relationships in single-crystalline lead halide perovskites for photodetector applications”, 23/2021
Dr hab. inż. Daniel Prochowicz
While the field of perovskite-based optoelectronics has been dominated by photovoltaic solar cells, remarkable properties of lead halide perovskites such as high absorption coefficients, long carrier diffusion lengths and facile solution processability make them also interesting candidates for innovative and disruptive applications in photodetection. The vast research studies reported perovskite optoelectronic devices are based on polycrystalline thin films. In turn, perovskite single crystals have been found to exhibit better intrinsic optoelectronic properties compared with polycrystalline thin films, highlighting their importance in the development of advanced optoelectronic devices.
The main goal of this project is to probe the relationship between the structure and composition of the perovskite absorber layer and its charge transport properties to understand the physical processes that determine the photoresponse of perovskite single-crystals based photodetector under working conditions. More attention will be put on the structural and optical characterizations and analysis of defect density, ion motions and activation energy levels in single-crystalline perovskites with the help of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy under different conditions of light and temperature.
Number of vacancies
Key responsibilities include
The successful candidate will investigate issues related to the fabrication of perovskite single-crystals based photodetectors and understand the phenomena and processes that determine their photoresponse under working conditions.
Primary responsibilities are as follow:
Position in the project
Type of contract: temporary, Status: full-time employment, Hours Per Week: 40
Salary: 10 000 PLN gross/month around 6600 PLN net/month
Position starts on
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
12 months with possible 1-year extension
We offer a post-doctoral position (full-time employment) in the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS with a gross salary of around 10000 PLN per month (6600 PLN net salary) financed from the NCN Opus 20 Project No. 2020/39/B/ST5/01497. The successful candidate is expected to start work within the project no later than 1st of October 2021. 100% of the work time of Postdoc will be devoted to the realization of the proposed project.
Scientific profile of a candidate
Recognised Researcher (R2)
1. PhD degree in chemical or physical sciences, obtained no earlier than 7 years before the starting year of the employment in the project (this period might be longer due to family reasons (according to NCN rules).
2. Publication record and rich scientific experience.
3. Ability to work independently as well as in a group.
4. Experience in the field of metal halide perovskite-based optoelectronic devices.
5. Knowledge of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and charge transfer mechanisms will be appreciated.
6. Good experimental skills in the synthesis.
7. Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken).
8. Strong motivation to work and pursue scientific questions, creativity, and analytical thinking.
Key assessment criteria
The Commission will consider the following criteria:
a) competencies of candidates for specific tasks in a research project,
b) previous scientific achievements of candidates,
c) awards and distinctions of the candidate resulting from the conducted research.
The commission evaluates applications on a point scale.
• Complete application should include the following items: curriculum vitae, cover letter, university degree diploma and
PhD certificate, a list of scientific achievements (publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.), at least one letter of recommendation. The application deadline is on 27th of June 2021.
• Top candidates will be invited for an on-line or in person interview (on 30th of June 2021). Good command of English is required. We reserve the right to contact and reply to only selected candidates.
• A position will be offered to the person who obtains the highest number of points.
• The results of the recruitment will be announced on 7th of July 2021.
• Employment will take place in accordance with the Employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS https://ichf.edu.pl/files/csr/ipc-procedures.pdf and the provisions of the competition documentation of the National Science Center (NSC) for the OPUS 20 https://www.ncn.gov.pl/ogloszenia/konkursy/opus20
• The incomplete applications will be not considered.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• Candidates who have been issued a negative opinion by the Competition Committee or candidates not selected for employment have the right to appeal against the results of the evaluation. The appeal shall be lodged with the Director of the Institute within 7 days from the date of receipt of the appropriate information. The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final.
• If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
Candidate needs to meet formal requirements:
a) at the time of employment, he/she do not receive any other remuneration from the NCN funds in any form;
b) the project manager was not a supervisor / auxiliary supervisor in his/her doctoral thesis;
c) during the period of employment, he/she does not receive any other remuneration on the basis of an employment contract with any employer (also applies to an employer having its registered office outside the territory of the Republic of Poland)
By submitting the application, you consent to the processing of your personal data in the recruitment process. The controller of
your personal data is the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 5250008755 (the "Institute"). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) - depending on the circumstances.
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute's website.
How to Apply: Send application directly to email@example.com;
IMPORTANT! email subject: “Recruitment no. 23/2021”
Deadline for the settlement of the competition
Archival announcement. We would like to thank all candidates for their submitted applications.