Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTRE, POLAND
Project title, type and project number
Chemistry and photochemistry in photonic cavities, NCN OPUS 18 Project No. 2019/35/B/ST4/00297, 9/2023
Prof. dr hab. Jacek Waluk
We want to check whether the rates of basic chemical reactions - proton and electron transfer - can be changed by placing the molecules in appropriately designed photonic cavities. The studies will include modification of reactivity in both ground and electronically excited states. Various methodologies will be tested, including (i) generating nanocavity-induced shifts of the energies of electronic transitions of the reactants or products and (ii) creating vibrational polaritons in order to affect the multidimensional reaction path. Our studies will also shed light on the influence of nanocavities on (i) hydrogen bond properties, (ii) photostability, (iii) Raman scattering, (iv) photophysics, and (v) magnetic circular dichroism (MCD) spectra.
Number of vacancies
Key responsibilities include
Position in the project
Full-time employment for one year
PLN 10000 That is the gross/gross amount including employer's expense. It would be the subject of taxes, social and health insurances and other legal deductions according to Polish law (amounts to ca 6500 PLN net))
Position starts on
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
• Full employment contract for 12 months
• Opportunity to work in a modern, well-equipped laboratory with good expertise in spectroscopy and photophysics
• No teaching obligations
• Administrative support from professional English-speaking personnel
Career development prospects at IPC PAS
The successful candidate will be able to take advantage of all programs in the IPC PAS, including Young Scientists of IPC PAS competition and Mobility of Young Scientists of IPC PAS competition. The Institute provides an opportunity to participate in ERASMUS+ program.
More detailssee website
Scientific profile of a candidate
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Expertise in electronic and/or vibrational spectroscopy
Good knowledge of basic photophysics
Written and oral communication skills in English.
Key assessment criteria
The Commission will take into account the following criteria:
Complete application should include the following items: employment application, professional curriculum vitae, university degree diploma and PhD certificate, a list of scientific achievements (publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.), at least one letter of recommendation written by academics. The application deadline is on the 16-6-2023, 23:59:00 GMT+1
A position will be offered to the person with the highest ranking.
• The results of the recruitment will be announced on 30-6-2023, 23:59 GMT+1
• Employment will take place in accordance with the Employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS https://ichf.edu.pl/files/csr/ipc-procedures.pdf and the provisions of the competition documentation of the National Science Center (NSC) for the OPUS 18.
• The incomplete applications will not be considered.
• The results of the competition are made public.
• Candidates who have been issued a negative opinion by the Competition Committee or candidates not selected for employment have the right to appeal against the results of the evaluation. The appeal shall be lodged with the Director of the Institute within 7 days from the date of receipt of the appropriate information. The decision of the Director of the Institute shall be final.
How to Apply: Send application directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org; IMPORTANT! email subject:
"Recruitment no. 9/2023"
Selected candidates may be invited for an on-line interview.
Deadline for the settlement of the competition
Send the application via the "Apply to the position" button, or to email@example.com with the title 9/2023.Apply to the position
By submitting the application, you consent to the processing of your personal data in the recruitment process. The controller of your personal data is the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, NIP: 5250008755 (the "Institute"). The Institute will process your data for the purpose of carrying out scientific and research activities, providing services and contact with the Institute, on the basis of a contract (in connection with the performance of the contract or in order to take action on your request before the contract is concluded – Article 6, paragraph 1, letter b) of GDPR), the legitimate interest of the Institute (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter f) of the GDPR) and legal provisions (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter c) of the GDPR) - depending on the circumstances
You have the right to: request access to your data, receive a copy of it; rectify (correct) it; delete it; limit its processing; transfer it; lodge a complaint to the supervisory body; withdraw your consent for processing at any time (withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal) or to lodge an objection to data processing. More information is available on the Institute's website