Institute of Physical Chemistry, PAN, Group 14
National Science Centre, Poland
Project title, type and project number
Ion transfer between immiscible liquids in a paper-based setup - Opus 21 Project No. NCN 2021/41/B/ST4/01324
We are looking for a postdoc to a project named “Ion transfer between immiscible liquids in a paper-based setup”. The main goal of this project is to make a significant contribution to bringing ion-transfer out of the laboratory and into the field or bedside. By combining ion-transfer electroanalysis with paper-based sensing, we can overcome the problems with liquid-liquid interface stability. Within the project the candidate will perform studies of ion-transfer between immiscible liquids in a paper-based setup. This includes studies of facilitated transfer with the help of various ionophores and transfer of larger molecules such as proteins and their substrates to create viable analytical tools. We will also study differences between ion transfer in traditional systems and the paper-based systems using methods such as cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy, and various forms of microscopy. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to pursue own research ideas within the broad scope of the research group’s activities.
Number of vacancies
Key responsibilities include
The successful candidate will work closely with a PhD student within the project to perform experiments with ion transfer, develop measurement systems, and advise the student. Analyzing data, preparation of manuscripts, and presenting the research outcome at conferences and meetings are also part of the job.
Position in the project
• Type of contract: temporary • Status: full-time empoyment • Hours Per Week: 40
Approximately 8 300 PLN/month gross
Position starts on
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement
A fully paid postdoc position. 36 days of yearly holidays. Health insurance. Possibility to participate in the Erasmus+ exchange programme
Career development prospects at IPC PAS
Opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary research department with strong support from chemistry and physics group within the Institute. The postdoctoral researcher will have the opportunities to participate in and present research results in nationals and internationals conferences.
More detailssee website
Scientific profile of a candidate
Recognised Researcher (R2)
1. PhD in Chemistry (or related field) awarded not earlier than seven years before the deadline of the present recruitment. This period can be extended by the duration of maternity/paternity leaves (according to NCN rules).
2. Experience in electrochemistry.
3. Experience in ion-transfer electrochemistry is highly desirable. Knowledge and experience with paper-based electrochemistry is welcome.
4. Ability to work independently as well as in a group.
5. Ability to collect and organize data for presentation and publication.
Key assessment criteria
Recruitment will take place in accordance with the Employment policy of the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS (https://ichf.edu.pl/en/hrcsr) and the provisions of the competition documentation of the National Science Center (NCN) for Opus 21 projects;
• Incomplete applications may be not considered;
• Short listed candidates must go through an interview (or conference call) that will be held between November 21st and 30th, 2022. Good command of English is required.
We reserve the right to contact and reply only to selected candidates, and to call secondary candidates or prolong the recruitment in case of resignations or lack of suitable candidates.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to:
email@example.com; IMPORTANT: email subject “ICHF 39/2022”
Deadline for the settlement of the competition
Archival announcement. We would like to thank all candidates for their submitted applications.