- M.Sc., 1970, Department of Chemistry, Warsaw University
- PhD., 1984 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
- D.Sc., 1998 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
- Professor, 2007 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
Education and training:
1984-1986 - Chemical Engineering Department, University of Illinois
1991- Carnegie Institution, Geophysical Lab. Washington D.C.
1991- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
2006-2009 - Center for Study of Matter at Extreme Conditions, Florida International University, Miami, 2008 - adjunct professor
2007, 2008, 2009 - Institute of Solid State Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Chernogolovka
2008 - Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosybirsk
Polish Chemical Society (since 1974)
- High pressure physical chemistry
- Metal -hydrogen systems
- B. Baranowski, M. Tkacz, W. Bujnowski, "Determination of absorption-desorption isotherms in metal-hydrogen system in the high pressure region", Roczn. Chem. 49, 437 (1975).
- J. Jurczak, T. Kozluk, M. Tkacz, C.H. Eugster, "Cycloaddition of 3,4-dimetoxyfuran with 1,4-benzoquinones under high pressure", Helv. Chim. Acta 66, 218 (1983).
- B. Baranowski, M. Tkacz, "The equilibrium between solid aluminum hydride and gaseous hydrogen", Z. Phys. Chem. 135, 27 (1983).
- M. Tkacz, C.W. Jurgenson, H.G. Drickamer, "The effect of pressure on electronic excitation TCNQ and its complexes", J. Chem. Phys. 84, 2 , 649 (1986).
- M. Tkacz, H.G. Drickamer, "High pressure study of changes in energy and intensity of excitations in crystalline metal glyoximes", J. Chem. Phys. 85, 2 (1986).
- Tkacz M., ”Novel High-Pressure Technique for Loading Diamond Anvil Cell with Hydrogen“, Polish J. Chem. 69, 1205-1209 (1995).
- Tkacz M., ”High pressure studies of rhodium-hydrogen system in diamond anvil cell“, J. Chem. Phys. 108, 2084-2087 (1998).
- T. Palasyuk, M. Tkacz, "Pressure induced hexagonal to cubic phase transformation in erbium trihydride
Sol. State Comm. 130 219 (2004)
- Ogienko AG, Tkacz M, Manakov AY, Lipkowski J., "First determination of volume changes and enthalpies of the high-pressure decomposition reaction of the structure H methane hydrate to the cubic structure I methane hydrate and fluid methane", J. Phys. Chem. B 111 (44) 12795-12798 (2007)
- Tkacz M, Palasyuk T., "Pressure induced phase transformation of REH3", J. Alloy Comp. 446, 593-597 (2007)
- Antonov VE, Efimchenko VS, Tkacz M., "Phase Transitions in the Water-Hydrogen System at Pressures up to 4.7 kbar",
J. Phys. Chem. B, 113 (3): 779-785 (2009)
Total number of publications: ca. 70
Number of promoted Ph.D. students: 2