- M.Sc., 1966 - Dept. of Chemistry, Warsaw Technical University
- Ph.D., 1972 - Institute of Physical Chemistry of PAS, Warsaw
- D. Sc., 1990 - Institute of Physical Chemistry of PAS, Warsaw
- Titular (State) Professorship, 1997
Education and training:
- 1973-74 - Dept. of Chemistry, University College, Dublin, Ireland (Postdoctoral Fellow)
- 1975, 1976 - Institute of Isotopes of HAS, Budapest, Hungary (exchange between HAS and PAS)
- 1981-82 - Dept. of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ilinois (Fulbright Fellow)
- 1988, 1991 - Dept. of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois (Research Fellow)
- 1995 - Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh (Visiting Associate Professor)
- Department of Catalysis on Metals (department head 1992-2014)
- Polish Catalysis Club (vice-chairman since 1993)
- Polish Chemical Society
- Professor of Chemistry at Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, School of Sciences, from 2001 (chemistry chair 2003-2007)
- Member of Editorial Board of Applied Catalysis A: General (1997-2001)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of Chemistry of PAS (2003-2010)
- Structure and catalytic reactivity of highly dispersed metals
- Catalysis on supported metal alloys
- Kinetics and mechanism of hydrocarbon reactions
- Environmental catalysis (hydrodechlorination of CFCs and VOCs)
- Karpiński, Z.,"Catalysis by Supported, Unsupported and Electron-Deficient Palladium", Adv. Catal. 37, 45-100 (1990).
- Malinowski, A., Juszczyk, W., Bonarowska, M., Pielaszek, J., Karpiński, Z., "Pd-Re/Al2O3: Characterization and Catalytic Activity in Hydrodechlorination of CCl2F2", J. Catal. 177, 153-163 (1998).
- Malinowski, A., Łomot, D., Karpiński, Z., "Hydrodechlorination of CH2Cl2 over Pd/g-Al2O3. Correlation with Hydrodechlorination of CCl2F2 (CFC-12)", Appl. Catal. B: Environmental 19, L79-L86 (1998).
- Bonarowska, M., Pielaszek, J., Juszczyk, Karpiński, Z.,"Characterization of Pd-Au/SiO2 Catalysts by X-Ray Diffraction, Temperature-Programmed Hydride Decomposition and Catalytic Probes", J. Catal. 195, 304-314 (2000).
- Bonarowska, M., Malinowski, A., Juszczyk, W., Karpiński, Z.,"Hydrodechlorination of CCl2F2 (CFC-12) over Silica-Supported Palladium-Gold Catalysts", Appl. Catal. B: Environmental 30, 187-193 (2001).
- M. Bonarowska, J. Pielaszek, V. A. Semikolenov and Z. Karpiński, "Pd-Au/Sibunit Carbon Catalysts: Characterization and Catalytic Activity in Hydrodechlorination of Dichlorodifluoromethane", J. Catal. 209, 528-538 (2002).
- W. Juszczyk, Z. Karpiński, D. Łomot and J. Pielaszek, "Transformation of Pd/SiO2 into palladium silicide during reduction at 450 and 500oC", J. Catal. 220, 299-308 (2003).
- M. Skotak, Z. Karpiński, W. Juszczyk, J. Pielaszek, L. Kępiński, D.V. Kazachkin, V.I. Kovalchuk and J.L. d'Itri, "Characterization and catalytic activity of differently pretreated Pd/Al2O3 catalysts. The role of acid sites and palladium-alumina interactions", J. Catal. 227, 11-25 (2004).
- W. Raróg-Pilecka, E. Mi¶kiewicz, S. Jodzis, J. Petryk, D. Łomot, Z. Kaszkur, Z. Karpiński and Z. Kowalczyk, "Carbon - supported ruthenium catalysts for NH3 synthesis doped with caesium nitrate. Activation process, working state of Cs-Ru/C", J. Catal. 239, 313-325 (2006).
- A. ¦rębowata, W. Juszczyk, Z. Kaszkur, J. W. Sobczak, L. Kępiński and Z. Karpiński, "Hydrodechlorination of 1,2-dichloroethane and dichlorodifluoromethane over Ni/C catalysts: The effect of catalyst carbiding", Appl. Catal. A: General 319, 181-192 (2007).
Total number of publications: 120
Number of promoted Ph.D. students: 6