- M.Sc., 1978 - Department of Physics, Warsaw University
- PhD., 1984 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
- D.Sc., 1994 - Department of Mathematics and Physics, Jagiellonian University, Cracov
- Professor, 2004
- since 2006 - member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Unconventional Computing
- since 2007 - professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Warsaw
Education and training:
- 1982-1985 (4 months total) - International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
- 1986-1988 - Department of Chemistry, University of Manchester, UK
- 1991 - Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- 1991-1992 - Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki, Japan
- from 1994 - short research visits to Japan (Tokyo Institute of Technology, International Christian University in Mitaka and Kyoto University) and to Italy (La Sapienza, Roma)
- Unconventional computing with nonequilibrium chemical medium.
- Computational chemical kinetics; large scale microscopic computer simulations of chemical systems far-from-equilibrium.
- Stochastic effects in chemical systems.
- Górecki J. and Pusz W., Passive states for finite classical systems, Letters in Mathematical Physics, 4, 433 (1980).
- Górecki J. and Popielawski J., On the application of the long mean free path approximation to the theory of electron transport properties in liquid noble metals, J. Phys., F13, 1197 (1983).
- Górecki J. and Byers Brown W., Variational Boundary Perturbation Theory for Enclosed Quantum Systems, J. Phys., B22, 2659 (1989).
- Górecki J. and Eu B.C., Direct observation of a nonequilibrum velocity distribution in a system with a thermally activated reaction, J. Chem. Phys., 97, 6695 (1992).
- Górecki J. and Kitahara K., Does the structure of an oscillating chemical system oscillate, Physica , A 245, 64 (1997).
- Górecki J. and Górecka J.N., Molecular dynamics simulations of nonequilibrium rate constant in a model exothermic reaction, Chemical Physics Letters, 319, 173 (2000).
- Sielewiesiuk J. and Górecki J., Logical Functions of a Cross Junction of Excitable Chemical Media, J. Phys. Chem., A105, 8189 (2001).
- de Pasquale F., Mecozzi A., Górecki J. and Spagnolo B., A new stochastic representation for the decay from a metastable state, Physica, A 315, 290-298 (2002).
- Sielewiesiuk J. and Górecki J., On complex transformations of chemical signals passing through a passive barrier, Phys. Rev., E66, 016212-(1-9) (2002).
- Wakou J., Kitahara K., Litniewski M. and Górecki J., On Nonequilibrium Spatial Correlations in a Model Chemical Reaction, Physica, A 328, 23-43 (2003).
- Górecki J., Yoshikawa K. and Igarashi Y., On chemical reactors that can count, J. Phys.Chem., A 107, 1664-1669 (2003).
- Litniewski M. and Górecki J., On the applicability of the step function nonradiative lifetime model for diffusion controlled reactions, J. Chem. Phys., 119, 8464-8472 (2003).
- Górecki J. and Górecka J.N., Multi-argument logical operations performed with excitable chemical medium, J. Chem. Phys. 124, 084101 (2006).
Total number of publications: over 100
Number of promoted Ph.D. students: 3