- M.Sc., 1979 - Department of Physics, University of Warsaw
- Ph.D., 1986 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
- D.Sc., 1994 - Institute of Physical Chemistry, Warsaw
- Professor 2002
Education and training:
- 1997 - Institute of Theoretical Physics, Trondheim University, Norway (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Royal Norwegian Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)
- 1998 - Department of Physics, University of Essen, Germany (Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow)
- Statistical mechanics of complex systems
- Special fields: self-assembling systems, ionic fluids, effects of boundaries and confinement on structure and thermodynamical properties of simple and complex fluids
- Stecki J., Ciach A. and Dudowicz J., Intrinsic properties of the two-point functions of the solid-on-solid interface, Phys. Rev. Lett., 56, 1482-1484 (1986).
- Ciach A., Hoye J. and Stell G., Microscopic model for microemulsion, J. Phys. A, 21, L777-L782 (1988).
- Diehl H.W. and Ciach A., Surface critical behavior in the presence of linear or cubic weak surface fields, Phys. Rev. B, 44, 6642-6662 (1991).
- Ciach A. and Poniewierski A., Description of the geometrical and topological structure in amphiphilic systems, Phys. Rev E, 52, 596-601 (1995).
- Ciach A., Maciołek A. and Stecki J., Critical Adsorption in the Undersaturated Regime. Scaling and Exact Results in the Ising Strip, J. Chem. Phys., 108, 5913 (1998).
- Ciach A. and Stell G., Effect of competition between Coulomb and dispersion forces on phase transitions in ionic systems, J. Chem. Phys., 114, 3617 (2001).
- Babin V., Ciach A. and Tasinkevych M., Capillary condensation of periodic phases in self-assembling systems, J. Chem. Phys., 114, 9585 (2001).
- Ciach A. and Stell G., Effect of space discretization on phase diagrams in ionic systems; field theoretic approach, Phys. Rev. Lett., 91, 60601 (2003).
- A. Ciach, W.T. Góźdź and G. Stell, Mesoscopic theory for size- and charge-asymmetric ionic systems: I. The case of extreme asymmetry, J. Phys. Cond. Matt. 18, 1629 (2006)
- Ciach A. Universality class of the critical point in the restricted primitive model of ionic systems, Phys. Rev. E 73, 066110 (2006)
Total number of publications: 65
Number of promoted PhD students: 2