graduate studies
Guidance material for newcomers
   - How to get an ISIC card

ISO-8859-2 (Central European) encoded.

How to get an ISIC (International Student Identity Card) card

We recommend you to have an ISIC card.

The original website (English)
Description in Wikipedia

Polish version

The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only internationally accepted proof of full-time student status. It is endorsed by organisations such as UNESCO, the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations.

The card is recognised by universities, academic institutions, student organisations, national governments and ministries of education around the world.

And it brings you benefits from over 40,000 outlets, from rail tickets and hostels to museums and cinemas around the world.

Here you find place list where you can use your ISIC card in Warsaw (Polish).

*** Since 2008, Microsoft DreamSpark let ISIC owners download some softwares for free.
Microsoft DreamSpark
Press Release
Brief instruction of how to get
In Polish

This Institute gives you Polish student ID (legitymacja, see on the right). It enables student discount for public transports (ZTM), etc. inside Poland, but it doesn't work outside Poland, unfortunately.

For example, when visiting museums in Berlin, Germany, it doesn't work. You have to pay normal entrance fee, not student fee.

♦ How to get it?

There are several kinds of ISIC card:

  • with/without Hostelling International membership
  • with/without insurance
    Even insured, there are several options;
    • only inside Poland
    • both inside/outside Poland
    • special insurance valid in USA, Canada, Australia and Japan
Maximum price is 150 PLN. Check prices here (Polish).

Unfortunately, it's valid only 1 year, so you have to renew it every year.

You can make it online on the Polish website mentioned above,
but it's all written in Polish.

Visit one of the Almatur's office (Polish travel agency since 1956).
One of the best office in Warsaw is in ul. Kopernika 23 ( Google Map ).
Some staff speak English and there is application form.
What you need: money, 1 piece of picture (45mm × 35mm).

Copyright © 2010 - 2011, International Students Office, Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS