We propose interesting basic research topics, i.a., in the following fields:
- nanotechnology and new materials;
- photochemistry, photophysics and molecular spectroscopy;
- physical chemistry of solids, soft matter, and surface phenomena;
- molecular and supramolecular physical chemistry;
- chemical kinetics and catalysis;
- thermodynamics and statistical mechanics;
- quantum chemistry, mathematical modelling of phenomena, and molecular dynamics;
- electrochemistry, including mechanisms of electrode processes, design of electrochemical bio- and chemosensors, and electrochemistry of materials;
- high quality research opportunities;
- state-of-the-art research equipment and computational facilities in renovated and recently refurbished research laboratories, in particular in specialized laboratories;
- scientific collaboration with renowned research centres in Poland, in the EU states, in USA, and Japan;
- scientific and research training in Poland and abroad as a part of the International Doctoral Studies;
- light teaching duties;
- frequent contacts with the research advisor;
- friendly and encouraging atmosphere.
The duration of doctoral studies is four years. The doctoral study programme is developed individually for each student based on the Regulations of the International Doctoral Studies. Monthly remuneration of a doctoral student depends on the progress of the research work. Non-resident students are entitled to an accommodation allowance. The Institute offers rooms at reasonable prices in the Institute own accommodation facilities. The best graduates from the International Doctoral Studies are referred to international postdoctoral positions and after return they are given priority of employment at the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the PAS.
Depending on the applicant’s educational background, the interview covers fundamentals of chemistry or physics in the scope corresponding to appropriate courses at relevant faculties of higher education institutions and a test of English. The interviews are held at least twice a year - the date of the nearest interview is Monday, 2 June 2014, at 9:00 a.m.
Interested applicants are requested to contact earlier the Institute Secretariat and to submit the required documents.
Candidates interested in the interview are requested to contact the Secretariat of the Institute earlier, from Monday to Friday 8.00-15.00.
and submit all the documents required at least two weeks before the qualification interview.
Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
01-224 Warsaw, Kasprzaka 44/52
Tel.: +(48 22) 343-3133
Fax: +(48 22) 632-5276 or +(48 22) 343-3333
Forms to fill for PhD students: (see also forms in Polish)
- Individual program of the International PhD Studies (DOC)
- Applicationt for approval of lectures in individual IDS programme (DOC)
- Declaration (DOC, ZIP)
- PhD Student Certificate (DOC, ZIP)
- Evaluation of presentation at the PhD student seminar (DOC, ZIP)
- Semester, annual report (DOC, ZIP)
- PhD student's completion card (DOC) [4/2012]
- Final report (DOC, ZIP)
- Title page of a doctoral dissertation (DOC, ZIP)
- Opinion on the doctoral dissertation (DOC, ZIP)
- Commencement of the conferment (DOC, ZIP)